twinklechoi

the eBookWhore

I sleep with a different book every night.

The Book that Almost Took Away My Sanity

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) - Riordan,  Rick

RICK RIORDAN, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MESSING UP WITH MY SANITY.. or what's left of it after that cliffhanger (on the 3rd book).

This is so much.
Great character development.
I don't know how Rick Riordan do this, but he really makes you fall in love with his characters.

He's like the MASTER of CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

Moving on...

Percabeth: Okay. I ship this couple so much, I think of them as just one entity. Everytime the scene switch to Tartarus, it makes me cry and smile at the same time. I just love how Anabeth thinks that seawead brain is not just her "boyfriend", but someone who's part of her that she cannot live without. We all know how awesome the two of them are, but being in Tartarus is quite different. They had to drink liquid fire in order to survive---plus monsters, titans, and giants are just around the corner waiting for the right time to attack them. Add in the fact that Anabeth has no weapon, their survical rate is close to nil. Thank the Gods for Bob.

For the author: please, please, please, i am begging my heart out here; do not, i repeat, DO NOT mess with Percabeth again. I might have a heart attack. As Anabeth said, if all sufferings has a corresponding reward, then they truly deserve the grand prize.

Frank Zhang: Honestly, Frank is one of those character which is "unnoticeable" for me. I don't even remember him that much. What his special abilities are, what quest was he in---i don't remember those. So, Frank's character development is like a big BANG! on me.

Piper and Hazel: The two ladies left behind at Argo II. I have..and will always be a big fan of Anabeth, and these two seemed like "support characters" for me on the first few books. Heck. I even remember Reyna more than I remember them. But thank the Gods of Olympus, Rick Riordan is the master of character development. I mean, woah! Hazel on that last part was totally amazing...and so was Piper in defeating Khione. These ladies really took a leap in the bad-ass heroine department.

Leo Valdez (and a little bit of Calypso): Halfway through the book, I was wondering what on Earth I was going to write for Leo Valdez. He was being his usual self, until----

Dodong~~~ Calypso came along and changed everything. I wouldn't write any spoilers..but it was just so sad and beautiful. Ahh.

Jason and Nico: OMFG! Nico and his confession. T________T

I don't think I have to comment on that. Then, of all people, it was Jason who found out. Nico has always been solitary, so I think that was a good thing. It would serve some sort of a bridge between him and Jason...and hopefully with the whole group.

But man, that confession was like a...

So basically, this book is still action-packed! Full of scenes that would take you on the edge of your seat. And yeah. Full of gut-wrenching---heart-breaking scenes too.

and in every chapter I was like...

I WILL NOT. I REPEAT. I WILL NOT ACCEPT A TRAGIC ENDING FOR THIS SERIES.

DON'T YOU FUCKIN' DARE RIORDAN! YOU DON'T DO THAT TO ME!

Riordan....